Consultant, writer and commentator on health and protection insurance and mortgages. Works with insurers, intermediaries, professional and trade bodies on a range of products and services including product design, development and strategy; regulation; introductions; authorship (including ghosted articles and speeches); training; news feeds; technical advice; workshop facilitation; chairing conferences; sales and marketing initiatives, and ideas.
Andy Couchman, Director, Bank House Communications Limited,
Bank House, Great Rissington, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire. GL54 2LP
Tel: 01451 821982
Fax: 01451 821972
http://www.andycouchman.com and http://www.protectionreview.co.uk
Recent projects include
- Newsfeeds for insurers’ and intermediaries’ websites
- Development of code of ethics and practice for professional body
- Training CD-ROM for a medical insurer
- Ghosted articles
- Factsheets for trade body members on regulatory issues
- Chairing industry debate
- Marketing/sales ideas for intermediaries
- Develop and present market awareness course
- Advising insurers on product strategy and on specific product design issues
- Drafting responses to government and regulatory consultation papers
- Researching potential new markets
- Member of CII/Cass Business School’s Leadership for Innovation research group
- 1995 to date. Director, Bank House Communications Limited. We work with a range of insurers, intermediaries and others across the financial services sector.
- 1993-1995. Partner, Andy Couchman Marketing Services. Included consultant, PPP lifetime care, developing market leading long term care insurance products and marketing support.
- 1981-1993. Consultant to divisional manager Allied Dunbar. Set up and managed the UK’s largest independent introducer of mortgages. Developed market-leading investment and protection products and services. Protection responsibilities included income protection, critical illness insurance and private medical insurance.
- 1976-1981. Supervisor to technical manager, Trident Life. Developed and marketed life, investment and income bond products and set up technical advice service to brokers.
- 1971-1976. Trainee life underwriter to actuarial section leader, Reliance Mutual. Built up skills in underwriting and claims and started path to professional qualifications.
Chartered Insurance Practitioner, FCII and Cert PFS. Past senior examiner, local institute president and national secretary, Society of Fellows (oversaw expansion from 3,000 to 20,000+ members), Chartered Insurance Institute (CII). Currently marketing consultant to CII, author of two examination coursebooks and contributor to online Assess training packages.
- Editor and publisher, HealthCare Insurance Report, 1998 to date.
- Technical editor, Health Insurance (Informa), 1998 to date.
- Member of editorial board and co-author, Kluwer’s Insurance Handbook, 1996 to date.
- Co-editor and publisher, The Protection Review (with Peter Le Beau), from 2003.
- Tolley’s Life and Allied Insurance Handbook, co-author, Butterworths Tolley, 2001.
- The Facts of Life and Health Insurance, Taxbriefs, all editions.
- UK Health and Welfare Insurance, Financial Times Finance, 1999.
- Insurance and UK Healthcare, Informa, 2001.
- Founding editor, Health Insurance Monitor (Emap) 1994–1998).
- IF7 and 790 examination coursebooks, CII, current author.
- Mortgage advice qualification case study workbook, CII/Taxbriefs, all editions.
- Numerous trade and national press article 1993 to date.
Born 2 June 1953.
Lives in the Cotswolds.
Married to Marion, two daughters.
Other interests include sports cars and motor sports, photography, electric and acoustic guitars, enjoying life.